Blackpool Balloon 702 / 239
Entering service in September 1934, open top streamliner 239 was converted to a totally enclosed car in 1942. In 1958, single indicator blinds were fitted. 239 was renumberd in 1968. 702's roof windows were removed around 1975.
702 has it's upped deck refurbished in 1998 and now has bus seats fitted.
702 is one of only a few Balloons never to have received an advert livery. It has operated with snowploughs, most recently on March 12th 2006. In the last few years it has been used as a reserve tram, seeing only occasional use.
702 seen early in 2010.
Trams get their seat cushions removed for cleaning over the winter.
702 looks very smart on the refurbished upper deck.
In May 2010, Balloon 702 and Brush car 623 went on loan to the Museum of Museums at Trafford.
In November 2011, Balloon 702 was moved into store.
On 29th April 2014, 702 was transferred to Heaton Park.
All photographs taken inside Rigby Rd Dept were taken under supervision and with full permission of Blackpool Transport Services Ltd.