Blackpool Balloon 706 / 243
Entering service in 1934, open top streamliner 243 was later converted to a totally enclosed car. 243 was renumberd 706 in 1968. 706 was involved in a collision with sister tram 705 in July 1980. 705 was subsequently scrapped, but 706 was kept in store.
As a key attraction, 706 was repaired and converted back to open top condition for the Blackpool Tramway Centenary in 1985. It has operated regularly since then and is a popular tram on sunny days.
To celebrate Blackpool Tramway's 125th Anniversary, 706 was on loan at Heaton Park for the Blackpool themed weekend, November 20th/21st 2010. Photographs from the weekend can be seen here.